SEO Competitor Analysis Services
Learning from your competitors' failures and achievements is a built-in advantage for your business. It will save you time, money, and resources.
Run in-depth SEO competition analysis: investigate keywords with high ROI, evaluate competition links and where they are placed, use competitive content to your advantage, learn about their web traffic, visitor engagement, ad campaigns, and social media efforts, and then use that intel to incorporate the most successful elements into your own SEO strategy for your online business to make waves.
Any competitive advantage will increase your online presence and attract more relevant traffic in no time. Researching competitors is a powerful tool to conquer the SERPs and a must-do step to follow when building an Internet marketing strategy and implementing its many tools.
Market and Competitor Analysis
Determine first who your competitors are. Enter a few keywords in search engines for which you wish to rank higher. If it is about e-commerce, use keywords that convert, like "purchase," "order," "pricing," or "cost". Enter the city name, if the local (regional) queries are your target. A list of your top competitors will be generated. Now it's up to you and your marketing strategy whether you want to focus on websites that rank higher than yours or review the top 3, 10, or 30 websites.
Mapping your competitor positioning: You must know how your competitors position themselves to the audience.
Find answers to the following:
- Who is your competitor’s target customer?
- How do your competitors present their brand?
- What makes their business proposals unique?
Customer service: Find out for yourself what competitors have to offer in terms of quality of service, the tone of answering questions, delivery & return policy, and overall company culture. Take a closer look at what you don't have and consider what you can add to your package.
Pricing policy and assortment: The websites that offer a wide range of products rank higher in Google. Find out if your competitors offer a wider assortment of products. Consider expanding or diversifying your merchandise mix to create a winning product assortment. Competitor-based pricing is generally employed to test product pricing policy, especially if you're new in the industry.
Sources of traffic: This stage of the competition analysis will determine where your competitors obtain potential buyers. Try the SimilarWeb platform to estimate the amount of your competition traffic and see their top traffic sources, broken down into top search keywords or referring sites.
Exploring your competitor’s website: We either use the most popular competitor analysis marketing tools or do it manually. We look at the site's semantic core, internal optimization, check backlinks and track new links, look at the images, display ads, and so on.
Why do you need SEO competitor analysis?
SEO competitor analysis is required at any stage of the website development process. It helps successfully answer questions like:
- Who are your search competitors? (Sometimes your search competitors are different than your business competitors.)
- What is the number of competition pages in the index?
- What is the page load time of your competitor’s website? What is the domain age?
- What kind of information contains in the competition’s snippets (title, description, and keywords)?
- How to collect semantics using a semantic core of your competition? How to analyze its structure?
- What is the quality of the competitive content?
|An SEO competitive analysis helps your business grow.|
|When you take a look at what your competitors are doing, you will detect gaps in your own SEO plan and will start removing those problems.|
- A routine competition analysis should be done regularly. When the time comes to update the promotion plan, consider revising its goals and objectives.
- The time period for competitive analysis is defined based on a chosen business model. The analysis is more reliable if the time scale increases: daily, weekly, monthly, annually. Suppose, if you need to monitor prices at your competitor’s online store, do it daily. When you need to evaluate a highly specialized brand in a niche market with fewer competitors, do it annually.
- An SEO competitive analysis is not an ultimate goal, but a method. It determines how to deal with competition and how to fine-tune your own plan to drive more traffic to your website and boost sales.
- To gather high-quality data and derive useful conclusions, joint efforts of the SEO experts, research analysts, and marketers are required.
- Competitors make mistakes as well, recommendations derived from competitive analysis should be followed only after thorough research and testing.
- While you are reading this post, a competitor is watching and analyzing your website.
When creating a website or opening any type of online store, you must keep in mind that you do not live in a vacuum. You have an impact on the market, just as the market has an impact on you and the other players on the field.
SEO Competitor Analysis Tool
Are You Ready to Implement Your Next Project?Tell Us About Your Project
Latest Blog Posts